Delicious Pineapple Atole
The pineapple atole is a pineapple beverage, water, flour or corn starch, sugar and cinnamon.
Of pre-Columbian origin, the atole is mainly consumed in Mexico and Central America. The atole is often flavored, before cooking, with orange blossom, anise, vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa, chocolate, fruit juice or pulp. Water can be replaced with milk.
- 1 can of 550 g of pineapple
- 1 liter of water
- 90 g of corn flour or starch
- 100 g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 C. to c. ground cinnamon
- Place the pineapple pieces and their juice with 750 ml of water in the bowl of the blender and blend until you obtain a fluid consistency.
- Pour into a saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick and cook over medium-high heat.
- Mix the flour in the remaining 250 ml of water. Mix well.
- Once the pineapple mixture begins to boil, slowly add the water and flour mixture.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Take out the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Decorate with cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thank you for taking the time to read. If you learnt something sharing the thread is really appreciated. I’m open to any suggestions from you. Do not hesitate to tell me what you think.